Sydney asbestos removal is not something you should be considering without the assistance of a professional removalist. Here are 5 dead serious reasons:
- Releasing deadly fibres: When you decide to remove asbestos on your own you may not even realize that you are releasing deadly fibres into the air. Asbestos is relatively safe when bound and left intact. However, even the slightest disturbance to the integrity of bound asbestos can cause fibres to loosen which then break down into smaller and smaller fibres that are then inhaled deeply into the lungs. Once there the fibres cause irreparable damage and can often go undetected for many years before symptoms even present.
- Clean up: Even if you do realize you have released fibres into your home you are then faced with close to impossible odds of effectively remove them from the air. Vacuuming can actually release more fibres into the air.
- Safe Removal: If you are able to complete removal of asbestos sheets for example without releasing any fibres, you then have to ensure you are disposing of them properly. Proper disposal is detailed and requires personal protective equipment (PPE). The asbestos must be double wrapped in extra thick plastic and disposed of at a waste treatment centre in hand with your PPE. You then have to transport it keeping it in tact in the hopes nothing happens to it on the drive and then hope that none of the fibres have been left behind in your vehicle.
- The Law: Dumping asbestos inappropriately is against the law and could lead to steep fines.
- Deathly Illness: Asbestos has been tied to Pleural Plaque, Asbestosis, Mesothelioma, Lung Cancer, Pleural Mesothelioma, Peritoneal Mesothelioma and Pericardial Mesothelioma. These are all deadly diseases that can go undetected for years.
As you can see it is much safer to depend on professional asbestos removal to avoid endangering yourself, family members, pets and neighbours.